Catholic Scripture Study International
Catholic Scripture Study International was founded in 2003 and publishes more than 30 Bible and faith-related study programs. CSS studies are authored by well-known Bible scholars - such as Dr. Scott Hahn, Steve Ray, Mike Aquilina and Mark Shea - and are led in hundreds of parishes, universities, and organizations across the country.
- Juan es conocido como "el apóstol amado de Jesús" (Juan 20,2), y con Pedro y Santiago hacía parte del círculo “círculo más estrecho” de los amigos de Jesús. Juan demostró su valentía al ser el único apóstol que estuvo al pie de la cruz, cuando nuestro Señor fue crucificado.
Starting at: $46.95
The Book of Judges records the Israelites' descent into sin and the terrible consequences. The 12 heroes of the book seem larger than life but they were imperfect, just as we are, which makes this book just as relevant today.
Judges is a stern reminder that God punishes sin but is always ready to forgive the repentant sinner back.
Starting at: $21.95
Father Matthew Buettner opens one's eyes to the beauty and sacredness of the Mass by guiding the reader through the parts and elements of the liturgy, revealing the true mystery of Holy Mass. It is designed for individuals or groups desiring to better understand and enter into the mystery of Holy Mass. This is the perfect tool for those interested in better understanding and participating in the new translation of the Mass.
Starting at: $16.95
Luke: The Gospel of Mercy (Study Guide) Expanded content, Video outline, Life Application & Living It Out, plus saints, popes, Catechism quotes to learn, discern and live
We are excited to bring you this insightful new study, featuring powerful videos, dynamic new materials, and beautiful full-color Study and Leader Guides, without sacrificing the depth for which Catholic Scripture Study is known.
The full-color Study Guide contains extensive supplemental material for each Session, including Biblical commentary, excerpts from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, papal encyclicals, and the writings of the Saints, a glossary of key words, beautiful Old Master art, and much, much more.
We invite you to immerse yourself in the parables of Mercy found in Luke, to uncover God’s Mercy in His own words, and to see how His Mercy is still active in the world today.
We invite you to discover Luke: The Gospel of Mercy.
This Fall, join prolific author and speaker, Dr. Paul Thigpen, and Doors of Mercy host Fr. Jeffrey Kirby, in exploring Luke.
The Teaching Videos are approximately 10 minutes each, and the Life Application videos are approximately 5-6 minutes each.
Combine the 8-week Doors of Mercy program–which reveals God’s mercy through the covenants of the Bible–with Luke for the 26 Week Year of Mercy Program! Call 800-437-5876 for more details and scheduling options.$39.95
Advent Cycle B: Preparing for Christ – December 2017
4 Week Personal or Group Study with Fr. Mitch Pacwa
(Cycle B begins December 3, 2017)
Join us this Advent as we take 4 weeks to prepare ourselves for the coming of Christ! Are we ready for the King? Are our hearts ready to receive our Savior? The four weeks leading up to Christmas mark the beginning of the Western Church's liturgical year. Advent is our time for reflection, meditation and preparation.
This year the Sunday gospel readings at Mass come from the Gospel of Mark. Our engagement with this gospel, woven with other parts of Scripture, like Isaiah, 1 Corinthians, and 2 Samuel creates a beautiful tapestry of prepared anticipation for the Christ Child coming to the world and into our hearts.
This study follows the Catholic Scripture Study format but concentrates on the Sunday lectionary readings and incorporates the ancient method of Lectio Divina (praying the scriptures). Lectio Divina is a powerful way to ‘hear’ God speaking to us personally through scripture.
To prepare, each participant reads the Sunday readings along with the "Points to Ponder" commentary, answers the Study Questions & Questions for Reflection and "prays the scriptures".
Added elements: Catechism Connections, Rome to Home and Voices of the Saints.
Individual Study Guide (answers included separately)
Author: Cindy Morales
Presenter: Fr. Mitch Pacwa
Starting at: $12.95
The Woman Who Said Yes; The Angel Who Said No
See All Product Details
- Tells the story of Mary’s life from before time to today
- Reveals her ongoing battle against the Devil and evil in pursuit of our salvation
- Inspires greater devotion to Our Mother and Queen, who constantly draws us to her Son
- Increases vibrant participation in parish life
Embark on a journey that begins before time itself, when Mary was only an eternal thought in the Mind of God, and extends into her life in Scripture. Discover Our Mother throughout centuries of Church history, as she intervenes at pivotal periods—especially at her most famous apparitions, when she made roses bloom on a hillside in Guadalupe, when she made a miraculous spring of water rise from the ground in Lourdes, and when she made the sun dance at Fatima.
See the maternal care she has given to humanity and the battle she has waged against the evil one, the one she was put in enmity to for all time. After seeing how she pursues us in love, learn how to grow closer to Mary, Our Mother by making devotion to her part of our daily life.
Take this journey now and discover the woman who, from the very beginning, was destined to be the Queen of Heaven.
- In Queen of Heaven your group will:
Each lesson includes:
- Uncover the source of the Devil’s hatred of Mary and how she has battled and conquered him for our sake so many times throughout history
- Learn the meaning and theology behind the four Marian dogmas of the Church
- Understand her role as the Mother of the Church and how she constantly draws us back to her Son in trying times
- Discover the amazing account of John Paul II’s battle against Communism as he consecrated the world to her Immaculate Heart as asked at Fatima
- Foster a deeper love of your mother by learning ways to venerate her in your daily life
- a stunning teaching video, hosted by celebrated actor Leonardo Defilippis and more than a dozen experts
- group discussion facilitated by a beautiful, full-color Study Guide packed with 50+ pieces of beautiful classic artwork
- a final Spiritual Life video presented by Fr. Patrick Winslow.
Starting at: $149.95